If you have a need to conserve disk space in your Magento store, consider the below list of safe candidates for deletion, all of which take up large amounts of disk space.
If none of these options appeal to you and you are a Nexcess client, then it may be necessary to upgrade your service. Please contact our support team for details, either by email or through your Client Portal.
- /html/var/logs: If Magento is producing an error, this syntax will be written to the log file every time it occurs.
- This log file can fill up very quickly, and if you are aware of the issue, you can delete the contents safely.
- Database tables: Some tables within Magento are used to log visitors, and similar data. If you are not interested in keeping this data, consult Magento database maintenance.
- Product Images: Magento creates redundant images, which require a large amount of space. Removing product images that you are not using any longer can help free unused space.
- SiteWorx backups: Consult How to delete backups from SiteWorx.
- IMAP emails
- The IMAP protocol stores emails on the server, rather than within your email client.
- If you have a large amount of archived emails, or many emails with attachments, these do count against your disk quota. We recommend deleting or creating a backup of your old emails.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.