We recommend enabling CAPTCHA for user creation to prevent malicious mass-creation of false users and the spamming of password-reset requests. If your store is already receiving high numbers of bounce-back emails or has been blacklisted by mail servers, enabling CAPTCHA will help prevent future occurrences.
This method is for Magento 2. For Magento 1, go here.
- From the Admin Panel, select STORES > Configuration.
- Select CUSTOMERS > Customer Configuration.
- If the Use system value checkbox is selected, clear it. From the Enable CAPTCHA from storefront drop-down list, click Yes. Then, click Save Config.
- Locate the Forms section. If the Use system value checkbox is selected, clear it. Use Ctrl-Click or Cmd-Click to select Create user and Forget password.
- Click Save Config. Your store will now present a CAPTCHA whenever someone attempts to create a user, or when attempting to reset a password.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.