Magento 2 requires multiple cron jobs to initiate tasks such as reindexing, generating sitemaps, applying price rules, and other critical activities at a specified time or date interval.
1-Access the Cron Jobs Management SiteWorx page
Before proceeding, confirm the full server file system path to the file that you want to change is ready to run. If you do not know the path, contact our 24/7 support team.
The following is an example of the path name: /home/user/domainname.com/html/file.extension.
- Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- If you do not know your password, click Forgot your password on the login page.
- If you do not know the web address for your SiteWorx login page, either refer to your Welcome Email or contact our 24/7 support team for assistance.
- Navigate to Hosting Features > Cron Jobs. The System Cron Management page displays any existing Cron jobs and provides options to edit, delete, or add new Cron jobs.
2-Add a new cron job
Click Simple Interface.
- In the Add Cronjob panel, select Every 2 from the Minute drop-down list.
- In the Scriptfield, specify the binary php and the path to the Magento 2 crons found below, but replace /home/example/example.com/html/ with your specific path.
ATTENTION: Do not remove the space between php and the full path to the file.
php /home/example/example.com/html/bin/magento cron:run
php /home/example/example.com/html/bin/magento setup:cron:run
- Click Add.
3-Verify the cron job
- After clicking Add, the Cron Editor will show the new cron job.
- If you need to modify your cron job, click Edit under the Action column. For more information on editing a cron job, refer to How to manage cron jobs.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.