How Nexcess Cloud clients can instantly create dev sites to test changes to their website.
What you need
Your Client Portal login credentials. If you cannot locate them, click Forgot Password? on the login page.
An existing Nexcess Cloud account using Magento 1, Magento 2, WordPress, or WooCommerce. See How to create Nexcess Cloud accounts for more information.
- Currently, only Magento 1, Magento 2, WordPress, and WooCommerce services can create dev sites using this method. The dev site must mirror your production site; for example, if your production site uses Magento 1, then the dev site must also use the same.
For more information about how Nexcess Cloud dev sites function and their uses, see What are Nexcess Cloud dev sites?
ATTENTION: To protect encrypted data, dev-site creation changes any encryption keys present in your production site, though it does not re-encrypt them.
- Log in to the Client Portal. From the home page, click Plans.
- Locate your service. From the menu toggle, select Add Development Environment.
- On the Create Dev Cloud Account page, enter your preferred domain name. By default, the Copy Site Data options is ON and Anonymize Database options are OFF. Click Next when ready.
ATTENTION: For more information about the Copy Site Data and Anonymize Database features, see What are Nexcess Cloud dev sites?
- Click your desired size, then click Next.
- Review your selections, then click Create Account when ready.
- To access your new dev site, click Dev Environments from the Cloud Account page.
- Use the menu toggle in the Development Environments menu to access the Account Dashboard or Control Panel, delete your dev environment, and perform other functions.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.