How Nexcess clients can configure their active CDN SSL service.
What you need
As noted above, you must enable your CDN SSL service before following this procedure.
Attention: Changes to your CDN configuration on may take up to an hour to take effect.
Attention: If you require multiple Edge CNAMES for your SSL service, contact our Support Team instead of using the below method, which can only provide one.
- Log in to the Client Portal. From the dashboard, click Services > Other.
- Locate the relevant CDN service. From the menu toggle, followed by CDN Control Panel.
- Select HTTP Small > Customer Origin.
- Choose your language if prompted.
- If you already have a small customer origin, skip to Step 6. Otherwise:
- In Directory Name field, enter your preferred name.
- Under Hostname Configuration, select the HTTP Edge Protocol check box if it is not already selected.
- In the Hostname or IP Address field, enter the web or IP address of your website
- Click the Add button directly to the right of the Hostname or IP address field.
- In the Hostname Configuration section, select the HTTPS Edge Protocol check box.
Attention: For Step 7, do not change the “https://” prefix when you enter the web address.
In the Hostname or IP Address field, enter the web or IP address of your website and click the Add button directly to the right.
- On the lower right, click Add.
- Configure an Edge CNAME pointing to your small customer origin:
- Under HTTP Small, select Edge CNAMEs.
Attention: In Step 9b, you must include "-ssl-" and "nexcesscdn.net" as part of the New Edge CNAME as shown in Figure 12, or this procedure will not work properly. Do not use a custom domain name.
In the New Edge CNAMEfield, enter your new Edge CNAME as shown in the following example:
- In the image below, the DNS settings reads, “smhttp.42588.nexcesscdn.net”; therefore, the New Edge CNAME would be “smhttp-ssl-42588.nexcesscdn.net”. Note the placement of "-ssl-" and"nexcesscdn.net", both of which must appear in your New Edge CNAME.
- In the Points To: field, select the Customer Origin radio button.
- In the Origin Directory field, and choose the correct origin from the provided list. On the lower right, click Add.
- After allowing an hour for the changes to take effect, verify the customer origin functions properly.
- The simplest way to do so is is to select the same image or other asset on both your website and CDN, test the URL of this image or asset on your website, and then test the corresponding URL of the same image or asset on the CDN.
- For example, if the URL of your website’s image is example.com/images/example.gif
and the URL of your CDN SSL CNAME is
then the corresponding CDN URL would be smhttp-ssl-37435.nexcesscdn.net/images/example.gif
- You may now update your application to use the new CDN SSL base URL.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.