How Nexcess clients can use their Client Portal to create and configure DNS zones.
- This procedure only applies to clients on dedicated servers, or clients with domains using NS1.NEXCESS.NET and NS2.NEXCESS.NET as their nameservers. If your account uses a shared server, refer to How to edit DNS records in SiteWorx.
- You will need your Client Portal username and password. If you cannot locate this information, click Forget Password? on the Client Portal login page, or contact our support team.
Creating DNS zones
ATTENTION: Allow up to 48 hours for full DNS propagation. In rare cases, it make take longer.
- Log in to the Client Portal.
- From the dashboard, click on the DNS tab.
- You will see all current DNS associated with your account. To add a DNS record, click Add Zone.
- Enter the domain, then click Add.
- Allow at least 48 hours for propagation. You may check the status of propagation by following the instructions in How to verify DNS propagation.
Configuring DNS records
See How to configure DNS records in the Client Portal.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.