How Nexcess clients can use their Client Portal to create and configure DNS zones.
- This procedure only applies to clients on dedicated servers, or clients with domains using NS1.NEXCESS.NET and NS2.NEXCESS.NET as their nameservers. If your account uses a shared server, refer to How to edit DNS records in SiteWorx.
- You will need your Client Portal username and password. If you cannot locate this information, click Forget Password? on the Client Portal login page, or contact our support team.
ATTENTION: Allow up to 48 hours for full DNS propagation. In rare cases, it make take longer.
- Log in to the Client Portal.
- From the dashboard, click on the DNS tab.
- You will see all current DNS associated with your account. To add a DNS record, click Add Zone.
- Enter the domain, then click Add.
- Allow at least 48 hours for propagation. You may check the status of propagation by following the instructions in How to verify DNS propagation.