How to change SSH passwords for your server from the CLI, provided you have SSH access.
- If you have not done so already, enable SSH. See How to enable SSH access for details.
- Log in to your server with SSH.
- Enter the command:
- Type your password, then press Enter.
- When prompted for your current UNIX password, enter your SSH password, then press Enter.
- Retype your new password and press enter. If successful, you will see the output:
passwd: all authentication tokes updated successfully
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.