How to configure your previously purchased CDN service through your Client Portal
What you need
- You must have an active CDN service purchased from Nexcess. To order a Nexcess CDN service plan, please visit our website.
- Login information for accessing the Client Portal. The login information for accessing the Client Portal is the email address and password that you entered when you placed your order with Nexcess. If you do not remember your password, click Forgot Password?
1: Configure customer origin: HTTP large platform and HTTP small platform
ATTENTION: Choosing the wrong platform for your content can cause problems for your website.
- Configure the delivery platform appropriate for your CDN setup, either HTTP large or HTTP small. Refer to How to configure a CDN customer origin server.
- After configuring the customer origin, it will take approximately one hour for all of the changes to all of the CDN locations to complete. Once propagation is complete, you can do one of the following:
- Use the new CDN web address to access your content over the CDN.
- Configure a simpler and more user-friendly web address called an edge CNAME URL. If you want to create an edge CNAME URL, follow the instructions provided in the next section, otherwise skip to "Purge the CDN's Cache".
2: Create a user-friendly CDN web address
You can customize the CDN web address to be simpler by configuring the CNAME file for your domain. Follow the steps in the How to create an Edge CNAME URL. If you do not want to configure the CNAME files, use the full CDN web address provided after you configured your origin server as defined in How to configure a CDN customer origin server.
3: Purge the CDN cache
Follow the instructions provided in How to purge the CDN cache.
4: Activate CDN compression
Follow the instructions provided in How to activate CDN compression.
If any elements on your site appear to be missing, it could be due to one of two reasons:
- The CDN has not fully cached all of your website's content. It takes approximately one hour for the CDN to completely cache the content. Also, any time the cache is flushed, it will take approximately one hour to re-cache.
- The CDN configuration settings are not correctly defined. Restart the procedure, taking care to correctly input the settings.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.