How to activate CDN compression for their CDN service through your Client Portal.
What you need
- An active CDN service with Nexcess. To order a Nexcess service plan, visit our website.
- Your Client Portal username and password. If you cannot locate this information, select the Reset Password link on the Client Portal login menu or contact our support team.
Exception about media assets
Certain types of content, such as images, video, and audio media assets like JPG, MP3, MP4, and so on, are already compressed. Additional compression on these types of assets will not significantly diminish file size. Therefore, it is recommended you do not enable compression on these asset types.
ATTENTION: You must enable CDN compression as instructed below for both the HTTP large and HTTP small delivery methods to fully utilize the CDN’s compression utility.
- Log in to the Client Portal. From the dashboard, click Services > Other.
- Locate the relevant CDN service. From the menu toggle, followed by CDN Control Panel.
- If prompted, select your preferred language. Select HTTP Large or HTTP Small, then select Cache Settings > Compression.
- From the Compression section, select the Compression Enabled check box.
- In the File Types field, enter the below text. If you are using other mime types on your site and want them compresses when loading from the CDN, then add them.
ATTENTION: If you add other types, remember to separate each with a comma.
- Click Update. If using both HTTP large and HTTP small delivery platforms, repeat Steps 3 - 5 for the remaining platform.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.