How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers can restore a partial backup file.
ATTENTION: By default, all SiteWorx accounts have backups disabled. To enable them, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal. Only Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers have access to SiteWorx.
- This article explains how to restore partial backups; refer to How to perform one-time backups with SiteWorx and How to schedule automatic backups with SiteWorx as necessary.
- Restoring a SiteWorx partial backup file will overwrite existing data with the data stored in the backup file.
- Full backups and structure-only backups cannot be restored from SiteWorx. These backup types need to be restored through NodeWorx by your system administrator. If you have a Shared or SIP plan, contact our support team and specify the reason for the restore, the date from which you want to restore, and specifically what you want to be restored, for example, "all files," "only Web files," or "only database files."
- Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- In the SiteWorx main menu, click Backups > Management.
- In the row containing the partial backup, click Restore.
- Click Restore to confirm.
- If successful, a message indicating will notify you at the top of the page.