How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) accounts can manually install PrestaShop.
Step 1: Download the PrestaShop package
Download the PrestaShop package from their website.
- Extract the file, and note its location on your computer.
Step 2: Configure FTP credentials to transfer the PrestaShop files
ATTENTION: If you already have Nexcess FTP credentials, skip to the next section.
- Log in to your SiteWorx control panel.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
ATTENTION: In Step 2C, note the username and password you create for use in Step 3.
- In the Add an FTP Account section, fill the FTP Username, Password, and Confirm Password fields, then click Add.
Step 3: Transfer PrestaShop files to your Nexcess server
Your exact method of transferring files will vary according to your choice of application. Whatever the method, you will need the username and password you created in Step 2C. For detailed instructions and an example using Cyberduck, see How to transfer files to a server with SFTP.
Step 4: Configure your database
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > MySQL > Databases.
- Fill the Database Name field, though we recommend "prestashop." Select the Create User check box.
- Fill the Username field, though we recommend "presta." Fill the Password and Confirm Password fields, or click Generate. Note this information for use in Step 5. Verify all MySQL User Permissions are selected, then click Add when ready.
Step 5: Configure PrestaShop
ATTENTION: Your actual screen images may vary.
Navigate to your domain, along with the path of your PrestaShop installation. For example, if your domain is example.com, and your PrestaShop installation is prestashop, navigate to example.com/prestashop.
Select language you want to install PrestaShop in by clicking the appropriate radio button, and then click Next.
The license agreement window displays for using PrestaShop. Read the agreement and click Next.
- The Information about your Store window contains field for configuring Shop name and administrator information. In the Shop name field, type the name of your store and then select your main activity from the drop-down menu.
- Select your country from the Country drop-down menu. Next type your first and last names, email address, and a password in the corresponding fields. Select the Sign-up to the newsletter check box if you want emails from PrestaShop, then click Next.
- Refer to the database credentials established earlier. Leave localhost in the Database server address field, fill the Database login and Password fields. Click Test your database connection now! when ready.
- Click Next and the PrestaShop installer will appear as it creates the database.
- Before you can start using PrestaShop, you must log back in to FTP and delete the Install folder.
Step 6: Delete install folder
Using SFTP or SSH, log back in to your server and delete the Prestashop Install folder.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.