How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers can enable SSH access from their SiteWorx interface.
Exemption for Nexcess Cloud clients
If you are a Nexcess Cloud client, SSH access is enabled by default. See How to generate and view SSH/FTP passwords for your Nexcess Cloud account for more information.
ATTENTION: This procedure alone will not grant SSH access; you must also whitelist any IP addresses that will connect using SSH. See How to manage firewall whitelists in SiteWorx for more information.
Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- From the main menu, click Hosting Features > SSH Account.
- In the SSH Account Information section, click Enable account.
- When complete, SiteWorx will show your new SSH password. You may reset this password at any time by clicking Reset password.
- You must now whitelist any IP addresses that will log in using SSH. Follow the instructions in How to manage firewall whitelists in SiteWorx. In Step 4 of that document, when you select a Port:
- If your SSH username resembles an email address, select SFTP .
- Otherwise, select SSH .
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.