Nexcess Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce Hosting provides the ability to create a dev environment to test, design, and experiment with changes without affecting the performance of your live site. Once the staging site is created, it will have the same functionality as your live site, allowing you to view ideas and changes before making them public on your production site.
ATTENTION: To protect encrypted data, dev-site creation changes any encryption keys present in your production site, though it does not re-encrypt them.
- Log in to the Managed WordPress and WooCommerce Portal. From the home page, click Plans.
- Locate your plan. From the menu toggle, select Add Development Environment.
It is also possible to create a staging or a development site from the Development Environment tab.
- On the Create Dev Cloud Account page, enter your preferred domain name. By default, the Copy Site Data and Anonymize Database options are ON.
Check that the Anonymize Database option is toggled to show OFF. Click Next when ready.
- Click your desired size, then click Next.
- Review your selections, then click Create Account when ready.
- To access the Plan Dashboard of your new dev site, click Dev Environments from the Cloud Account page, then the corresponding menu toggle.
- Once you have loaded the dashboard for the staging or the development site you can access the staging from the temp domain. The temp domain will show under the domain for the site in the portal.