Nexcess Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce Hosting provide the ability to create a staging environment to test, design, and experiment with changes without affecting the performance of your live site. Once the staging site is created, it will have the same functionality as your live site, allowing you to view ideas and changes before making them public on your production site.
ATTENTION: To protect encrypted data, staging site creation changes any encryption keys present in your production site, though it does not re-encrypt them. If you are using symlinks on your production site then make sure that any links are edited and set as being relative otherwise staging site creation will error out.
- Log in to the Managed WordPress and WooCommerce Portal. From the home page, click Plans.
- Locate your plan that has the site that you want to add a staging site to. Then click on the side menu to add a staging site. It is also possible to create a staging or a development site from the Development Environment tab.
- On the dev environments section click on the Add Development Environment button.
- Click the Create Staging Site button.
- Review your selections, then click Create when ready.
- To access the Plan Dashboard of your new dev site, click Dev Environments from the Cloud Account page, then the corresponding menu toggle.
- Once you have loaded the dashboard for the staging or the development site you can access the staging from the temp domain. The temp domain will show under the domain for the site in the portal. For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal